The Jelena Ostapenko vs Veronika Kudermetova fixture in the final of the 2022 WTA Dubai will take place on Saturday, 19 February 2022, starting at 7:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Dubai Tennis Stadium, Dubai.
Latest odds on betting sites
Jelena Ostapenko is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 58%. Veronika Kudermetova comes with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 42%.
The latest odds for Jelena Ostapenko vs Veronika Kudermetova (February 19):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ostapenko — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Kudermetova — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Ostapenko — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Kudermetova — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
Match preview and statistics
Jelena Ostapenko defeated Simona Halep (2-6, 7-6, 6-0) in the semi-final.
In the first set, the tennis players did not give each other breakpoint opportunities to a 2-2 score. Halep converted the first breakpoint in the fifth game. In the next return game, She reached a 40-15 score and finished the first breakpoint successfully. Jelena Ostapenko did not have breakpoints in the set and performed much worse than her rival.
Ostapenko won the first three games in the second set, but Simona Halep won the next three games to level the score. Then they performed flawlessly and did not have breakpoints to a 6-5 score. The Latvian tennis player had two breakpoints in the 12th game, but Simona Halep saved both. In tie-breaks, Jelena Ostapenko won seven points in a row to finish the set in her favor. She did not make a double fault and converted one out of four breakpoints.
In the last set, Jelena Ostapenko showed unbelievable play. She did not lose more than 30 points per game in the first five games and saved two breakpoints in the last game to finish the set with a 60-0 score. Ostapenko made two double faults in this set. She saved and converted 100% of breakpoints.
We have seen a total of over 2.5 sets in the last three matches with Jelena Ostapenko participating. The same outcome comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in the final.
Veronika Kudermetova qualified for this stage because Marketa Vondrousova didn't show up for the semi-final match.
Veronika Kudermetova has performed well in the 2022 season. She has won 75% of service and 29% of return games. The Russian tennis player has won 60% and 41% of service and return points in this season. She has converted 45.6% and saved 64.5% of breakpoints. Kudermetova has made 27 double faults.
She has shown a confident play in the 2022 WTA Dubai too. Kudermetova has saved 62.5% out of 16 breakpoints and has converted 46% of them. She has made nine double faults in eight sets. Veronika Kudermetova has won 66% and 85% of service points and games, respectively. Also, she has won 11 out of 39 return games and 41% of points.
A total of over 9.5 games in the second set has played out in six of the last seven matches with Victoria Kudermetova participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this match.
Prediction and betting tips
Veronika Kudermetova did not play in the semi-final, but she met strong rivals in the previous stages. Jelena Ostapenko won over Simona Halep in the most recent match and beat Iga Swiatek in the Round of 16. Her performances in these matches were fantastic, in spite of the first sets. She has lost the first set in the last three matches. Veronika Ostapenka has not played flawlessly in the first set in this tournament, but her performance was a bit better.
I believe that she will beat Ostapenko in the first set. Both tennis players are in their best form, and they look equal now. I believe that we will see a total of over 2.5 sets in this game. The same outcome has played out in the last two matches with Kudermetova participating and in the last three matches with Ostapenko’s participation.
Betting prediction: Veronika Kudermetova to win (1st set)
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)