The Madison Keys vs Elena Rybakina fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 WTA Cincinnati will take place on Friday, 19 August 2022, starting at 2:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Lindner Family Tennis Center, Cincinnati.
Latest odds on betting sites
Madison Keys is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Elena Rybakina comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 55%.
The latest odds for Madison Keys vs Elena Rybakina (August 19):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Rybakina — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Keys — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Rybakina — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Keys — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Madison Keys won over Iga Swiatek (6-3, 6-4) in the 1/8 finals.
In the fourth game of the first set, No. 1 received her first break point, but Key saved it. After a 3-2 score, the American tennis players showed a flawless streak of four winning games in a row to finish the first set in her favor. She did not make a double fault. Madison Keys saved a single faced break point and converted two out of four created break point opportunities.
The second set has been one of the most interesting in this tournament. Madison Keys started it incredibly. She won the first five games in a row and received a match point in the sixth one, but Iga Swiatek won the next four games in a row to reach a 4-5 score. She was able to level the score by winning the last service game, but Madison Keys reached a 40-0 score and converted the second break point to qualify for the quarter-final.
Asian handicap (-1.5) games in the first set on Keys has played in the last three matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) this time.
Elena Rybakina pulled Alison Riske (6-2, 6-4) down in the previous stage.
She started the first set incredibly. After a 1-1 score, Rybakina won three games in a row. She received three break point opportunities in the sixth game, but Riske saved them all. In spite of this, Elena Rybakina won two remaining games to finish the first set with a 6-2 score. She won 77% and 52% of service and return points, respectively. Also, Rybakina did not give her rival a break point in the set.
In the last set, the tennis players were absolutely equal. They traded winning games to a 4-4 score. However, Rybakina finished the set easily. She did not lose a point in the last service game and converted one out of two break points in the return one. Rybakina made one double fault and received eight break point opportunities in this set.
Elena Rybakina has finished eight of the last 11 won matches with a 2-0 score. Her victory in two sets is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5).
Madison Keys vs Elena Rybakina H2H
Madison Keys beat Elena Rybakina (3-6, 6-1, 7-6) in the 1/16 of the 2022 French Open. She won 13 out of 14 service games and two return games. Keys received seven break point opportunities and converted two of them. She made three double faults in three sets and saved 67% of break points.
Elena Rybakina won 86% of service games and 60% of points. She won 30% of return points and only one return game. Rybakina saved and converted 71% and 33% of break points, respectively.
Prediction and betting tips
The tennis players look approximately equal in this quarter-final. They have won over all their rivals in this tournament to nil. Madison Keys’ opponents were a bit stronger. She defeated Iga Swiatek and Jelena Ostapenko in the last two matches. Elena Rybakina eliminated Alison Riske and Garbine Muguruza.
In the last H2H game, Madison Keys beat Elena Rybakina, but this game was close. The last set was finished in tie-breaks. Madison Keys looks a bit stronger, due to these facts, but her victory is not a sure outcome. Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Keys looks much better
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Keys
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)