The Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the west final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Monday, 6 June 2022, starting at 5:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Rogers Place, Edmonton. The Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche (6 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche latest odds on betting sites
The Edmonton Oilers are priced with the odds of 2.70 (+170 American; 17/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 37%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 44%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Oilers vs Avalanche (4 June 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche match preview and statistics
The Edmonton Oilers were destroyed by the Avalanche (2-4) in the last fixture.
They played well in the first period. The Oilers made nine shots on target and scored one goal. They completed 16 defensive actions and won 45% of face-offs. Connor McDavid scored the first goal in the first minute.
In the second period, the Edmonton Oilers attacked well, but they did not score a goal. They made 13 shots on target, completed four blocks, 18 saves and five interceptions.
In the last period, their performance was not good. Jay Woodcroft’s men made only seven shots on target and finished one of them successfully. The Oilers completed 20 defensive actions, but won only four face-offs. Ryan McLeod scored the second goal for his team in the 48th minute.
Mike Smith was the second star of the last fixture in spite of the losing result. He saved 39 out of 43 shots on target.
We have seen a total of under 1.5 goals in the first period in five of the last seven H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this fixture.
Edmonton Oilers team news: Oscar Klefbom — shoulder injury.
The Colorado Avalanche won over the Edmonton Oilers (4-2) in the third game.
They played better than the Oilers in the first period. The Avalanche made 12 shots on target and completed 12 defensive actions. The Colorado Avalanche won 11 face-offs and bagged one goal. In the 17th minute, Valeri Nichushkin scored the first goal for his team to level the score.
Jared Bednar’s men attacked perfectly in the second period. They made 19 shots on target, but finished only one of them successfully. The Avalanche completed 16 defensive actions and won 52% out of 27 face-offs. Valeri Nichushkin scored his second goal in the 25th minute.
In the last period, the Colorado Avalanche played confidently too. They finished successfully two out of 12 shots on target. The Avalanche won 11 out of 15 face-offs. In the 53rd minute, J. T. Compher a goal. Mikko Rantanen bagged the last goal to the empty net in the last minute.
Valeri Nichushkin was the first star of the match with two goals, five shots on target and a +2 impact index. Pavel Francouz saved 93% out of 29 shots on target.
The Colorado Avalanche have scored 19 goals in the last four H2H matches against the Oilers. They are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to score four goals in this game.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.
Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche H2H
The Colorado Avalanche won two out of three H2H matches against the Oilers in the regular season. They made 102 shots on target and bagged eight goals. The Avalanche completed 170 defensive actions and won 70 face-offs.
The Oilers made 102 shots on target and finished nine of them successfully. They completed 168 defensive actions and won 93 face-offs in three matches.
Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche lineups and key players
Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:
- Mike Smith
- Darnell Nurse
- Cody Ceci
- Leon Draisaitl
- Evander Kane
- Connor McDavid
Connor McDavid scored one out of two goals in the last match. In the play-offs, McDavid has scored nine goals and has made 21 assists.
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Pavel Francouz
- Devon Toews
- Bowen Byram
- Nazem Kadri
- Mikko Rantanen
- Valeri Nichushkin
Valeri Nichushkin was the first star of the last match. He has scored five goals and has made four assists in the play-offs.
Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche predictions and betting tips
The Colorado Avalanche have played perfectly in the series against the Edmonton Oilers. They have won all three matches in 60 minutes with two or more goals difference. They dominated in the most recent match in spite of the fact that Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid played 25 and 26 minutes, respectively. The Avalanche are much stronger now. They are able to finish the match with the series with a 4-0 score.
We have seen a total of under 6.5 goals in five of the last seven head-to-head matches. The same total has played out in the last two matches in the series. I believe that we will see the same total again.
Betting prediction: Colorado Avalanche to win (incl. OT)
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractions)