NHL 2022 Finals, Game 5: Avalanche vs Lightning prediction and betting tips (June 24)
The Colorado Avalanche lead the series with a 3-1 score. Will they finish it in the next game?
Anthony Cirelli (Lightning) made 5 shots on target and scored 1 goal in the last match
Anthony Cirelli (Lightning) made 5 shots on target and scored 1 goal in the last match

The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Friday, 24 June 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. By GMT, the kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche (24 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 5) latest odds on betting sites

The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 30%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Avalanche vs Lightning (24 June 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 5) match preview and statistics

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Tampa Bay Lightning (3-2 OT) in the fourth game of the match.

Jared Bednar’s boys did not show confident play in the first period. They made only four attempts to score and missed all. In the 17th minute, Darren Helm received a minor penalty for the interference, but the Lightning did not convert this power play opportunity.

In the second period, the Colorado Avalanche played much better than in the first one. They made 17 shots on goals and finished one of them successfully. In the 26th minute, Nathan MacKinnon converted a power play opportunity to level the score. Bowen Byram got a penalty for hooking, but the Avalanche did not concede a short-handed goal again.

In the last period, the Avalanche made six shots and bagged one goal. They completed 20 defensive actions and won 50% out of 22 face-offs. In the 43rd minute, Andrew Cogliano leveled the score. In the 13th minute of the overtimes, Nazem Kadri scored a winning goal in his first match after recovering.

Kadri was the first star of the game with one goal and two shots on target. Darcy Kuemper played much better this time. He saved 94.9% out of 39 shots on target.

A total of over 8.5 penalty minutes has played out in three out of four matches in the series. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this fixture.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.

The Tampa Bay Lightning were defeated by the Avalanche (2-3 OT) in the most recent fixture.

They played aggressively in the first period. The Tampa Bay Lightning made 17 shots on target, and scored the fastest goal in the history of the Stanley Cup finals. In the 36th second, Anthony Cirelli scored the first goal with Erik Cernak’s support.

In the second period, Jon Cooper’s men did not show their best attack. They made nine shots on target and completed 31 defensive actions. Victor Hedman got a minor penalty in the 24th minute, and the Avalanche converted this power play opportunity. However, Hedman scored his goal in the 31st minute.

In the last period, the Tampa Bay Lightning made 10 attempts to score, but did not finish them successfully. In the overtimes, Tampa were much weaker. They made only three shots on goal, whereas their rivals made 10 and bagged one goal.

Victor Hedman and Anthony Cirelli were the second and the third stars of the match, respectively. Andrei Vasilevskiy saved 34 out of 37 shots on target. His performance was not disappointing, but this match was not his best for sure.

A total of over 61.5 face-offs has played out in four of the last six H2H games. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this match.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.

Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H

The teams met each other two times in the regular season and the Avalanche won both fixtures. They made 74 shots on target and finished approximately 9.5% of them successfully. The Avalanche completed 107 defensive actions and won 66 face-offs.

The Tampa Bay Lightning made 70 shots on target in these two matches. They completed 108 defensive actions and won 67 remaining face-offs.

Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 5) lineups and key players

Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:

  • Darcy Kuemper
  • Devon Toews
  • Cale Makar
  • Nazem Kadri
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nathan MacKinnon

Cale Makar keeps being the best defenseman in the play-offs. He made 20 assists and scored seven goals to receive 27 points in 18 matches.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Ondrej Palat

Anthony Cirelli made five shots on target and scored one out of two goals in the last match to finish it as the third star.

Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 5) predictions and betting tips

The Tampa Bay Lightning played well in the last game, but Stamkos, Kucherov and Palat did not play perfectly. Tampa were able to finish it in their favor in 60 minutes, but the Avalanche were stronger in the overtimes. I believe that Jon Cooper’s men will show a confident play in the fifth game. They have scored three or more goals in six of the last 10 matches in the Ball Arena.

The Avalanche played flawlessly in the regular season and have finished two out of four series in the play-offs with a 4-0 score. Also, Nazem Kadri returned to his team and played well in the first match after recovering. The Avalanche will show their best play too. A total of over 5.5 goals, which has played out in seven of the last nine H2H matches, looks safe this time.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals by the Lightning

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)

Ice Hockey NHL . Stanley Cup Finals. Game 5
Colorado Avalanche — Tampa Bay Lightning
Won
Over 2.5 goals by the Lightning
1.90
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!