The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Wednesday, 22 June 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. By GMT, the kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. the next day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche (22 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.45 (+145; 29/20) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 41%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Avalanche vs Lightning (20 June 2022) betting markets:
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 3.25 (+225; 9/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche match preview and statistics
The Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Colorado Avalanche (6-2) in their last fixture.
Tampa made 12 attempts to score and finished two of them successfully in the first period. They completed 27 defensive actions and won 16 out of 29 face-offs. In the 14th minute, Anthony Cirelli leveled the score. Ondrej Palat scored the second goal in the 15th minute.
In the second period, the Tampa Bay Lightning made 15 shots on target and bagged four goals. Nick Pau, Steven Stamkos, Patrick Maroon and Corey Perry scored their goals in this period.
In the last period, the Lightning had 17 penalty minutes and were able to complete only five shots on target. Jon Cooper’s men completed 28 defensive actions and won 10 out of 18 face-offs.
Steven Stamkos was the first star of the match, whereas Nikita Kucherov and Nick Paul were the second and the third stars, respectively. Andrei Vasilevskiy saved 95% out of 39 shots on target.
A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in all matches in the series. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
The Colorado Avalanche lost the game against the Lightning (2-6) in the most recent game.
In the first period, Jared Bednar’s men made 14 shots on target and scored two goals, but one of them was cancelled due to offside. In the ninth minute, Mikko Rantanen and Cale Makar helped Gabriel Landeskog to open the score.
The Colorado Avalanche made 13 shots on target and finished one of them successfully in the second period. They completed 20 defensive actions and won 37% out of 27 face-offs. Gabriel Landeskog scored the second goal in the 25th minute.
In the last period, the Colorado Avalanche played much better than the Lightning. They made 12 shots on target, but were not lucky to score a goal. They completed only five blocks and five interceptions.
Pavel Francouz saved 11 out of 12 shots on target, whereas Darcy Kuemper saved 77% out of 22 shots on target.
The Colorado Avalanche have scored five goals in power play in the last three matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to score two goals in power play this time.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury, Nazem Kadri — hand injury.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche H2H
The teams met each other two times in the regular season and the Avalanche won both fixtures. They made 74 shots on target and finished approximately 9.5% of them successfully. The Avalanche completed 107 defensive actions and won 66 face-offs.
The Tampa Bay Lightning made 70 shots on target in these two matches. They completed 108 defensive actions and won 67 remaining face-offs.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche lineups and key players
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Nikita Kucherov
- Ondrej Palat
Steven Stamkos was the first star of the last game with a goal and one assist. In the play-offs, Stamkos has scored 10 goals and has made seven assists.
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Pavel Francouz
- Devon Toews
- Cale Makar
- Gabriel Landeskog
- Mikko Rantanen
- Valeri Nichushkin
Gabriel Landeskog played perfectly in the last match. He made three shots on target and scored two goals. He is the best striker in the playoffs with 11 goals and 10 assists.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Colorado Avalanche predictions and betting tips
The Tampa Bay Lightning surprised everyone in the third game of the series. They scored six goals and conceded only two. Jon Cooper’s boys finished 18.75% of their attempts to score successfully. Darcy Kuemper showed a weak performance for the second time in the series. I believe that we will see Pavel Francouz, who has an approximately 91% saving percentage in the play-offs.
In spite of the losing result, the Avalanche played well. They made 39 shots on target, but Andrei Vasilevskiy showed flawless play and conceded only two goals. I believe that the fourth match of the series will finish with a total of under 5.5 goals. Both teams should place their best goalkeepers. Also, the same total has played out in the last five matches with Tampa participating before the final series.
Overall, the teams were equal, but Vasilevskiy was a diff. If the Lightning and the Avalanche show their best play we will see a draw in 60 minutes. The same outcome has played out in three of the last six H2H games
Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals
Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Draw
Odds: 4.60 (+360 American; 18/5 Fractions)