The New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the East final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Thursday, June 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT, the next day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York. The New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (9 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. The New York Rangers come with the odds of 2.85 (+185; 37/20) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.
The latest odds for Rangers vs Lightning (9 June 2022) betting markets:
- Over 5.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Under 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning match preview and statistics
The New York Rangers lost the fourth match against the Lightning (1-4).
In the first period, the Rangers played confidently, but did not finish their moments successfully. They made 10 shots on target, but did not score a goal. Gerard Gallant’s men completed 13 defensive actions and won eight face-offs.
They attacked well in the second period too. The New York Rangers made 12 shots on target, but were not able to finish them successfully again. They completed only one interception and six saves.
In the last period, the New York Rangers finally scored their goal. They converted one out of two power play opportunities. Overall, the Rangers made 13 attempts to score in this period. In the 17th minute, Chris Kreider and Frank Vatrano helped Artemi Panarin to score a goal.
Igor Shesterkin saved three out of 30 shots on target. It was not his best game. Jacob Trouba, Mika Zibanejad and Filip Chytil finished the match with 0 impact indexes, whereas other players finished the game with negative results.
The Rangers have converted four power play opportunities in the series. They are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to score a goal in power play this time.
New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury.
The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the New York Rangers (4-1) in the most recent game.
Tampa did not show their best attack in the first period. They made only eight shots on target, but finished one of their shots successfully. The Lightning completed 19 defensive actions in the period. Patrick Maroon opened the score in the third minute.
In the second period, Jon Cooper’s men played passively again, but they were able to score one more goal again. Tampa made seven shots on target, completed 20 defensive actions and won 50% out of 16 face-offs. Nikita Kucherov scored the second goal in the 34th minute.
In the last period, the Tampa Bay Lightning showed a strong play. They made 16 shots on target and bagged two goals. The Lightning completed five blocks and two interceptions. In the 45th minute, Steven Stamkos scored the third goal for this team. Ondrej Palat scored the last goal into an empty net in the last minute.
Andrei Vasilevskiy was the first star of this match. He saved 34 out of 35 shots on target. Victor Hedman did not show his best play. He was a single player from the first link who did not receive a point.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won less than 29 face-offs in three out of four matches in the series against the Rangers. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this fixture.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brayden Point — lower injury, Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
The New York Rangers played perfectly in the regular season. They won all three H2H matches against the Lightning. Gerard Gallant’s men completed 161 defensive actions. They won 82 face-offs and made 71 shots on target. The Rangers bagged 10 goals.
Tampa made 95 shots on target and finished four of them successfully. The Lightning completed 120 defensive actions and won 78 remaining face-offs.
New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning lineups and key players
New York Rangers projected starting lineup:
- Igor Shesterkin
- Adam Fox
- Jacob Trouba
- Artemi Panarin
- Mika Zibanejad
- Chris Kreider
Artemi Panarin scored a single goal in the last match against the Lightning. He has scored six goals and has made 10 assists in the play-offs.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Nikita Kucherov
- Ondrej Palat
Ondrej Palat took part in three out of four goals in the last game. He finished the match the second star with one goal and two assists.
New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning predictions and betting tips
The New York Rangers played well in the last match in spite of the losing result. The main reason for their loss was Andrei Vasilevskiy who saved 97% of shots on target. The next game will be played in Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have won the last eight home matches with two against Tampa. I believe that they will receive the third victory in the series.
The New York Rangers have completed 31 or less shots on target in six of the last eight H2H matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The same outcome has played out in six of their last eight games in the play-offs. The same outcome looks safe in this match.
Betting prediction: The New York Rangers to win (incl. OT)
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 31.5 shots on target by NY Rangers
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractions)