The Spain vs France fixture in the final of the 2022 EuroBasket will take place on Sunday, 18 September 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin. Spain vs France (September 18) 2022 EuroBasket final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Spain vs France latest odds on betting sites
Spain are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. France come with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 60%.
The latest odds for Spain vs France (September 18):
- Over 162.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 162.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) points on Spain — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) points on France — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Over 16.5 points by Willy Hernangomez — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Over 17.5 points by Evan Fournier — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Spain vs France match preview and statistics
Spain beat Germany (96-91) in the semi-final.
Both teams attacked approximately equal. Germany made 68 shots with 48.5% accuracy, whereas Spain finished 56% out of their 64 attempts to score successfully. Spain won 21 out of 25 rebounds in attack, which is a perfect result, whereas Germany won only 15 out of 21 offensive rebounds. Also, Spain completed three block shots, four interceptions and made 20 assists in this game.
Dennis Schroder expectedly shone in this fixture. He scored 30 shots and made eight assists to finish this game with a +33 efficiency. Spanish guard Lorenzo Brown was incredible in this match with 29 points, two rebounds and eight assists, while brothers Hernangomez received only 29 points together.
An individual total of over 80.5 points by Spain has played out in seven of the last 10 games. The same total comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this game.
France smashed Poland (95-54) in the most recent fixture.
France won each quarter with at least a six-point difference. They had a fantastic 62% accuracy, whereas Poland converted only 17 out of their 53 attempts to score. Under the baskets, France were much stronger too. They won 40 rebounds in this match, whereas their rivals completed almost two times fewer rebounds. France lost the ball 16 times in the match, but they completed six block shots and eight interceptions.
Guerschon Yabusele was on another level of play. He scored 22 points in the match, whereas the second best scorer finished the match with only 10 points. Evan Fournier and Elie Okobo scored 10 points each and made eight assists together. Mateusz Ponitka failed this match by scoring only seven points and winning one rebound.
France have won the first quarter in all matches in the playoffs. They are priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to finish the first quarter against Spain in their favor.
Spain vs France H2H
Spain pulled France (87-79) down in the last head-to-head fixture. They played much better in the attack by finishing 34 out of 65 shots successfully, whereas France converted only 50% out of their 54 attempts to score. Under the baskets, France and Spain were equal with 31 and 30 rebounds, respectively.
Evan Fournier was the best scorer for his team with 15 points, whereas Willy Hernangomez scored 16 points and made five rebounds to finish the match as the second best scorer. Ricky Rubio received 23 points and made two assists in this game.
Spain vs France lineups and key players
Spain projected lineup:
- Point guard: Lorenzo Brown
- Shooting guard: Rudy Fernandez
- Small forward: Xabier López-Arostegui
- Power forward: Juancho Hernangomez
- Center: Willy Hernangomez
Lorenzo Brown was the second best player of the most recent fixture. He scored 26 points, completed two rebounds and made six assists to receive a +27 efficiency.
France projected lineup:
- Point guard: Thomas Heurtel
- Shooting guard: Evan Fournier
- Small forward: Terry Tarpey
- Power forward: Guerschon Yabusele
- Center: Rudy Gobert
Guerschon Yabusele was absolutely unstoppable in the last fixture. He finished it with a +22 efficiency and a +23 +/- index by scoring 22 points and winning four rebounds.
Spain vs France basketball predictions and betting tips
After the first two stages of the playoffs finished in overtime, France absolutely destroyed Poland with a 41-point difference. They had a difficult way to this final. France lost two out of five matches in the group stage and was close to being defeated by Lithuania and Hungria. In spite of such a difficult way, they met an uncomfortable opponent.
Spain have won the last four H2H matches with two in the playoffs of the Olympics and EuroBasket. Also, Spain have won nine of the last 10 matches. They were defeated by Belgium in the group stage, which was an unlucky match for them. Also, Spain have won two out of three matches in the playoffs being the underdogs and came back in each match after losing in the first half. I believe that Spain is good enough to extend their streak of H2H victories over France with this match.
Betting prediction: Spain to win
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)