The Karolina Pliskova vs Qinwen Zheng fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 WTA Canadian Open will take place on Saturday, 13 August 2022, starting at 12:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Sobeys Stadium, Toronto.
Latest odds on betting sites
Karolina Pliskova is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Qinwen Zheng comes with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 55%.
The latest odds for Karolina Pliskova vs Qinwen Zheng (August 13):
- Over 22.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 22.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Pliskova — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Zheng — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pliskova — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Zheng — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
Match preview and statistics
Karolina Pliskova won over Maria Sakkari (6-1, 6-7, 7-3) in the previous stage.
Pliskova played incredibly in the first set. She won the first five games in a row and did not let Maria Sakkari come back to finish the set with a 6-1 score. She created three break point opportunities and converted two of them. Also, Pliskova did not give Sakkari a break point and made only one double fault.
The Czech tennis player started the second set well too. She reached a 40-15 in the first game and converted one out of four break points. In the seventh game, Karolina Pliskova received four more break point opportunities but did not convert them. Maria Sakkari converted one out of two break points in the 10th game to level the score. Also, she played a bit better in tie-breaks to finish the second set in her favor.
Karolina Pliskova won the first three games of the third set to receive a fast lead. She continued her domination reaching a 5-1 score, but then Maria Sakkari won two games in a row and was close to levelling the score. However, Pliskova saved a break point in the ninth game and finished the set with a 6-3 score.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in four of the last six matches with Karolina Pliskova participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this fixture.
Qinwen Zheng beat Bianca Andreescu (7-5, 5-7, 6-2) in the last game.
In the first set, the tennis players showed equal performances. They traded winning games to a 5-5 score. In the last two games, Qinwen Zheng was a bit stronger. She lost only 15 points in the service game and converted the first break point in the return one. Qinwen Zheng won 58% of service points and 50% of return points. She received five break point opportunities and converted three of them.
Qinwen Zheng reached a 40-30 score to receive two break points in the second game of the second set, but she did not convert them. In the fifth game, Andreescu received her break point, but it was not converted too. They traded remaining service games and did not give each other more break point opportunities to a 5-5 score. However, Bianca Andreescu was stronger this time. She easily won the last two games and leveled the set score.
The last set started like the previous too. The tennis players traded winning games and we should have seen one more close set, but Qinwen Zheng destroyed her rival winning three games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score. She created four break point opportunities and converted three of them. Also, Zheng won 67% and 62% of service and return points, respectively.
A total of over 9.5 games in the first set has played out in five of the last seven games with Qinwen Zheng participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this match.
Prediction and betting tips
Qinwen Zheng has not shown anything special in this tournament. She defeated Bianca Andreescu and Rebecca Marino who were obviously much weaker than the Chinese tennis player. Also, she destroyed Ons Jabeur, but No. 5 was injured which made that match easy for Qinwen Zheng.
Karolina Pliskova beat Barbora Krejcikova and Amanda Anisimova to nil. Also, she was close to beating Maria Sakkari in two sets, but was unlucky to lose a set in tie-breaks. All these rivals look much stronger than Qinwen Zheng. The Chinese tennis player has a high win rate this season, but she has met only three higher-ranked rivals in the last 15 matches and beat only injured Ons Jabeur. Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Pliskova looks safe in this match.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Pliskova
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)