The Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Monte Carlo will take place on Saturday, 16 April 2022, starting at 10:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Monte Carlo Country Club. Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov (April 16) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov latest odds on betting sites
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 55%. Grigor Dimitrov comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 45%.
The latest odds for Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov (April 16):
- Over 22.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Under 22.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Dimitrov — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Davidovich Fokina — 1.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Dimitrov — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Davidovich Fokina — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov match preview and statistics
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina edged Taylor Fritz (2-6, 6-4, 6-3) out in the quarter-final.
Fokina had two break points in the first game of the first set, but he did not convert them. Then he won a service game, but Fritz won the next three games in a row to reach a 4-1 score. Grigor Dimitrov won the sixth game. In spite of this, the American tennis player won two remaining games to finish the set with a 6-2 score.
In the second set, the tennis players played perfectly in their service games. They did not lose more than 30 points per service game to a 3-3 score. Alejandro Davidovich Fokina reached a 40-15 score in the seventh game, but Fritz saved all break points. In spite of this, the Spanish tennis player won three games to win the set.
In the last set, the tennis players were equal to a 2-2 score of the last set. Alejandro Davidovich Fokina had four break points in the fifth game, but he did not convert them. Then he won four games in a row to finish the last set with a 6-3 score. Fokina reached 11 break points and saved 67% of breaks in this set.
We have seen a total of over 2.5 sets in six of the last nine matches with Fokina participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this fixture.
Grigor Dimitrov beat Hubert Hurkacz (6-4, 3-6, 7-6) in the last fixture.
Grigor Dimitrov reached a 40-0 break point in the third game of the first set and converted the first break point. In spite of this, the tennis players did not win more than 30 points per return game and did not give each other break point opportunities.
In the second set, Hubert Hurkacz had a break point, but he did not convert it. In the sixth game, he reached a 40-30 score and finished the first break point successfully. Then the tennis player continued trading service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score in his favor.
Both tennis players won their return games confidently in the third set. Then they traded winning service games to a 4-4 score. Dimitrov had two break points in the eighth game, but did not convert both. Then they traded their games to a 6-6 score. In tie-breaks, Grigor Dimitrov played much better and finished it with a 7-2 score.
We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the second set in all matches in the 2022 ATP Monte Carlo with Grigor Dimitrov participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this game.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov H2H
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina beat Grigor Dimitrov (6-4, 7-6) in the 2021 ATP Rome. He won 10 service games and two return games. Davidovich Fokina won 67% and 36% of service and return points, respectively. He saved five out of six break points and converted 67% out of three break points.
Grigor Dimitrov won nine return games and 64% of return points. He won 9% and 33% of return games and points. Dimitrov saved and converted one breakpoint each.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Grigor Dimitrov predictions and betting tips
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina played perfectly in this tournament. He beat Novak Djokovic and Taylor Fritz to qualify for the current stage. In the most recent head-to-head fixture against Grigor Dimitrov, Fokina played perfectly too. Grigor Dimitrov met strong rivals in this tournament too.
He beat Hubert Hurkacz and Casper Ruud, who are in their best form in this tournament. Both players look so strong. I believe that we will see a total of over 2.5 sets. The same outcome has played out in six of the last nine matches, with Alejandro Davidovich Fokina participating.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)