ATP Astana Open 2022: Tsitsipas vs Djokovic prediction and betting tips (October 9)
Novak Djokovic has won the last five H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas with two to nil. Will he extend this streak by winning this final?
Novak Djokovic has won the last five H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas
Novak Djokovic has won the last five H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic fixture in the final of the 2022 ATP Astana Open will take place on Sunday, 9 October 2022, starting at 12:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Daulet National Tennis Center, Nur-Sultan.

Latest odds on betting sites

Stefanos Tsitsipas is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250 American; 5/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 28%. Novak Djokovic comes with the odds of 1.30 (-333; 3/10) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 72%.

The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic (October 9):

  • Over 22.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 22.5 games — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Djokovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Match preview and statistics

Stefanos Tsitsipas eliminated Andrey Rublev (4-6, 6-4, 6-3) in the semi-final.

Andrey Rublev converted a single break point in the first game of the first set. Stefanos Tsitsipas was able to level the score, but did not finish his break point in the second game successfully. He reached a 40-15 score in the 10th game, but did not convert two break points and Andrey Rublev finished the first set in his favor.

In the second set, Rublev received his first break point in the third game, but did not convert it. Then the tennis players were absolutely equal and they traded winning service games before a 4-5 score. In the 10th game, Tsitsipas reached a 40-15 score and converted the first break point to win the second set.

The tennis players were absolutely equal and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 2-2 score in the third set. In the fifth game, Rublev reached a 40-15 score, but did not convert two break points. After a 3-3 score, Stefanos Tsitsipas won three games in a row to finish the third set in her favor.

A total of over 21.5 games has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.

Novak Djokovic had a technical win over Daniil Medvedev (4-6, 7-6) in the previous stage.

The tennis players easily won their first two service games and did not give each other break point opportunities in the first set. Then they won their third return games. Daniil Medvedev converted one more break point in the seventh game and did not give his rival more break point opportunities to finish the set in his favor.

In the second game of the second set, Novak Djokovic did not convert a single break point. Then the tennis players traded winning remaining service games and did not give each other break point opportunities. In the tie-breaks, Novak Djokovic was a bit stronger and finished it with a 8-6 score in his favor.

Daniil Medvedev was not able to continue the match due to a ligament injury, which made Djokovic qualify for the final stage.

Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic H2H

Novak Djokovic has won the last five H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas with three in the finals. The Serbian tennis player beat Tsitsipas (6-0, 7-6) in the final of the 2022 ATP Rome. Djokovic won eight out of nine service games and won 74% of service points. He converted 67% out of six break point opportunities and saved one out of two break points.

Stefanos Tsitsipas won five and one service and return games, respectively. He won 54% of service points and 26% of return points. He made only one double fault in this match.

Prediction and betting tips

Stefanos Tsitsipas has played well in this tournament. He beat Mikhail Kukushkin, Luca Nardi, Hubert Hurkacz in two sets each and defeated Andrey Rublev with a 2-1 score in the most recent fixture. Besides, Stefanos Tsitsipas has won seven of the last eight matches and lost a single one in tie-breaks.

Novak Djokovic had a streak of seven victories with all to nil before the most recent match against Daniil Medvedev. However, his single win over a rival from the top 10 ATP Ranking was his technical victory against Daniil Medvedev. Novak Djokovic had a streak of five victories in H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas, but the Greece tennis player has won at least a set in three of the last four H2H matches. Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas looks safe.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)

TennisATP. Final
Stefanos Tsitsipas — Novak Djokovic
Lost
Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas
1.95
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!